Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution entails depositing and/or sharing specific web content on a web server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. In this way, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a weblog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by certain file storage providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between autonomous bunches of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different website hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a big quantity of pics with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your mail address accounts. Some corporations offer hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you would like to set up an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many video files as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to have a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and emails, upload video clips, etc. At Mirror Impact Web Hosting Solutions, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for particular web content solely.